We have received notice that Exam4 will not support the new Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or Windows 8.1 operating systems for Fall 2013 electronic exams. Do not upgrade to the new operating systems (which will be released mid-October) if you wish to use Exam4 this semester. Windows users must be careful not to download the free Windows 8.1 update along with other, minor security updates. If you expect to soon purchase/receive a new notebook computer, you will not be able to take Fall 2013 electronic exams on computers which come preloaded with OS X 10.9 or Windows 8.1. Additionally, support for Exam4 on the aged Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) operating system has been withdrawn.
The Information Technology (IT) department will have information sessions later this fall for first year students and others who are unfamiliar with Exam4 and the electronic exam process. In the meantime, please review the system requirements listed below and notify IT of any questions or concerns that you have regarding your ability to use your notebook for electronic exams this semester.
Computer hardware and operating system requirements:
Exam4 requires a laptop with:
- 10 MB free hard disk space (a very small amount).
- Network connection and working USB port.
supported operating system:
- Microsoft Windows 8 (excluding Surface Pro Tablets)
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Apple OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" up to…
- Apple OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" (current)
Please note that the following operating systems are NOT supported:
- Microsoft Windows XP and earlier
- Apple Macintosh OS X 10.5 Leopard and earlier
- Microsoft Surface (incl. Pro)
- Virtual operating systems (VMs)
- Apple iDevices (iPad, iPhone, etc.)